Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kristy's Great Idea

Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel)
by Raina Telegemeier
based on the series by Ann M. Martin

Kristy loves to baby-sit and, when she sees her mother struggling to find a baby-sitter for her little brother, she comes up with a great idea: a club for baby-sitters!   She and her friends and fellow baby-sitters Mary Anne, Claudia, and Stacey form the Baby-Sitters Club.   As the club begins to bring in new baby-sitting jobs for the four friends, they experience the challenges of unusual clients as well as difficulties in their personal lives.    Will the club be able to survive despite these challenges?

I was very excited to read this graphic novel version of the Baby-Sitters Club!  I became a huge fan of the original series many years ago when I read my first BSC book in 5th grade.  It's great to see that the series is still going strong!   I loved the graphic novel version just as much as the original and found that the pictures brought the story more alive for me.    It's wonderful to see students in my library enjoying a story that I loved when I was their age!  

Author's Website:  http://goraina.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment